Monday, July 19, 2010

FAQ No. 1 and 2 : Do you sell cologne? / What's with your name?


OK, we knew there would be a teensy bit of danger in choosing a name that may lead people to believe we sell fragrances. However, we were also hoping that a few might pick up on the
origins of our name and some of you have, hooray! For those who are still saying "what the what?" I thought I would tell you about a song called Carey, by Joni Mitchell. I grew up listening to Joni as many of us did (depending on your parents' tastes) and haven't stopped since. When we were going crazy trying to choose a name for our store, I was doing all kinds of exercises - making mood boards and collages, making lists of words, rearranging - and one night while I was working on all this I happened to be listening to Joni Mitchell's album Blue.
“Carey” by Joni Mitchell, describes her wild adventures in the Greek isles. In the song, she soaks up an exotic but gritty travel experience, and though she’s having the time of her life,
she sings: “I miss my clean white linen and my fancy French cologne”. The meaning of this song really resonated with us and has come to define the spirit of our shop. We are for you ladies
who are just as comfortable in a fast-paced urban environment as you are hiking a trail or climbing a tree—looking for adventure in everyday life and looking lovely while you’re at it.
In music, lifestyle, and fashion, Joni is an icon and an inspiration.

xoxo

Car

2 comments:

  1. Those are really sweet pictures of our Joni- I didn't realize how much you actually liked her music!
    Gives me warm fuzzies....:)
    ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for bringing up this. I agree to the first commenter that was so sweet pictures.

    pheromone cologne

    ReplyDelete